Sunday, August 06, 2006

Ristorante Da Valentino 5 Aug 06

It was out of the blue when a good friend, Nelson, and I decided to do dinner on Saturday before I go off for my 2 weeks vacation. Called Rist Valentino on Wednesday and I am surprised or rather amused that the place was fully booked on Saturday night. Haggled a bit before Mr Valentino himself allowed me a reservation for 3 on the weekend's evening.

I still remembered it was a waterpolo mate, Dave, who introduced me to the restaurant in this cozy neighbourhood. I really like the linguine with the black squid ink sauce.

This evening started off great with Joyce, Nelson's wife, announcing that she is expecting. I was really happy for them and Joyce looks great. I don't know why but mothers-to-be have this very nice and pink glow on their faces. I got to know Joyce when I joined them for a tour in Beijing back in April this yr. She was a senior of mine in NUS Chem Engin faculty (grad in 97).

We had the porcini mushrooms, ham and melon and calamari fritti for appetitizers. Shared the spaghetti with lobster and pink sauce, linguine in black squid ink sauce and spaghetti with squid ink and crabmeat sauce. Top it up with a bottle of Italian white. The food was goooood...

I can't really complain - great news from Joyce and good food. So happy for the couple!

Ristorante Da Valentino
11 Jalan Bingka (off Rifle Range Road)
Tel: 6462 0555

No comments: