Saturday, May 20, 2006

Batam Golf 20 May 05

Since I got my handicap card, it makes me much more adventurous and eager to try out new courses. It is always nicer to play somewhere other than the home club. Decided to join TF and his friends for a game at the Tering Bay Golf and Country Club. It was designed by Greg Norman and the layout and the greens were defended by a lot of sand bunkers. Well, at least, they are not as deep as the China golf courses I went to. Overall, had a good game. The short game was good and surprising, I managed to chip all the balls quite well and didnt duff any.

Didnt realized how cheap Batam is compared to Bintan -drinks and food. The whole trip cost S$104 for the weekend and $10 for the caddie. Had a nice 45 min massage that costs me only S$20. Nice experience - at least I can say I have been to Batam. Else, the only thing I know abt that place is Singaporeans keeping their mistresses there. haha.... I was also amazed that so many Singaporeans went there for gambling - the Ah Sohs and Ah Chets. It was such a massive jam when we came back to Singapore. Maybe I can set up a loanshark business when the IR project is completed in Singapore. :-) Btw, the photo showed TF, aka canon launcher, teeing off.

No comments: